GOODE skiers claimed 16 slalom titles – more than all other manufacturers combined – at the GOODE U.S. National Water Ski Championships held last week at Mystic Lakes in Maize, Kansas.
By claiming 16 of 28 slalom titles, GOODE skiers netted an amazing 57 percent of all slalom gold medals awarded.
Congratulations to the following national champions:
Girls 3 – Kristen Baldwin
Women 1 – Kelley Breeden
Women 2 – Keri McClure
Women 3 – Brandy Nagle
Women 4 – Gail Case
Women 5 – Alison Poulsen
Women 6 – Joy Kelley
Open Women – Regina Jaquess
Boys 1 – Luka Zazade
Boys 2 – Nicolas Nelson
Men 4 – Tim Henderson
Men 6 – Steve Ware
Men 7 – Steve Raphael
Men 8 – Bob Hardeman
Men 9 – George Adams
Masters Men – Greg Badal
Additional highlights of the week included:
- A GOODE sweep of Masters Men slalom as champion Greg Badal was joined on the podium by Jay Leach (2nd), Jed Blackburn (3rd), Don Aschenbrenner (4th) and Mark Menasci (5th).
- Three straight titles for Steve Ware and Steve Raphael.
- An eighth career slalom title for Keri McClure, who in addition to 2018 also won titles in 2017, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008 and 2000.
- Nicolas Nelson won the Boys 2 title on the strength of a 5-buoy PB.
- Kristen Baldwin winning Girls 3 slalom in only her second year in the age division. Her sister Brooke had won it the three previous years.
- Greg Badal and Regina Jaquess tying for the highest 34 mph score of the week with 1 buoy at 41 off.
- During the America’s Cup Invitational – held Friday night under the lights with approximately 3,000 people lining the shores – Regina Jaquess won both the Women’s slalom and jumping crowns, while finishing fourth in tricks. Karen Truelove was third in slalom.
Dating back to 2012, GOODE skiers have won 114 out of 207 U.S. national slalom titles, or 55 percent.
For full 2018 GOODE Nationals results, click here.