GOODE skiers once again dominated the gold medal count at a Nationals as 14 slalom titles – easily more than any other ski manufacturer – were won on GOODEs at last week’s 75th GOODE Water Ski National Championships held at San Marcos River Ranch in Martindale, Texas.
Winning national slalom titles were:
- Girls 3 – Brooke Baldwin
- Womens 1 – Ruth McCreary
- Womens 2 – Keri McClure
- Womens 3 – Lauren Malitz
- Womens 4 – Stephanie Stange
- Womens 5 – Joy Kelley
- Womens 6 – Janie Fausold
- Womens 9 – Pat Fischer
- Mens 1 – Chris Kuykendall
- Mens 3 – Barton Rachwal
- Mens 4 – Chad Scott
- Mens 5 – Greg Sund
- Mens 6 – Steve Ware
- Mens 7 – Steve Raphael
Additional highlights of the week included:
- A Team GOODE sweep of Mens 5 as champion Greg Sund was joined on the podium by Todd Kuykendall (2nd), Jeff Nate (3rd), Tim Huston (4th), and Michael Robinson (5th). Greg, Todd and Jeff all tied for first with 3 at 39 off, with Greg winning the run off;
- Junior Team member Kristen Baldwin finishing second behind her sister, Brooke, her first year in Girls 3;
- GOODE skiers taking the top-four spots in Mens 6: Steve Ware (1st), Steve Binkley (2nd), Ted McColley (3rd), and Jack Mills (4th);
- Back-to-back titles for Brooke, Steve Ware, Steve Raphael, and Stephanie Stange;
- Two child/parent duos earning gold and silver medals as the Kuykendalls (father Todd and son Chris) and McCrearys (father Joe and daughter Ruth) each had a child finish first and parent finish second in their respective divisions; and,
- Podium finishes by Luka Zazadze (Boys 1 – 4th), Griffin Stange (Boys 3 – 3rd), Blake Keller (Boys 3 – 4th), Landrie McLain (Girls 1 – 2nd), Ali Garcia (Girls 3 – 4th), Steve Grubbs (Mens 3 – 5th), Joe McCreary (Mens 4 – 2nd), Dennis Longo (Mens 8 – 4th), Bob Hardeman (Mens 8 – 5th), Greg Badal (Masters Men – 2nd), Trish Burt (Masters Women – 2nd), Brian Detrick (Open Men – 3rd), Ben Favret (Open Men – 5th), Megan Lambert (Womens 1 – 5th), Lori Krueger (Womens 4 – 2nd), Carol Brooks (Womens 5 – 2nd), and Shirley Coble (Womens 8 – 3rd).
For full results, click here.
It’s difficult to track hundreds of skiers across multiple lakes over the course of four days of action, so if we failed to include you in the list above, or mistakenly did so, please accept our apologies and email us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.