A jaw-dropping 53 percent of all U.S. national slalom titles were won on GOODE skis as the GOODE National Championships were held last week at Okeeheelee Park in West Palm Beach, Fla.
Winning 16 of the tournament’s 30 total slalom titles on GOODEs were:
- Cooper Tate – Boys 1
- Kelley Breeden – Girls 2
- Daniel Di Pol – Boys 3
- Regina Jaquess – Open Womens
- Alison Poulsen – Womens 4
- Maria Walsh – Womens 8
- Margaret Ann Woodward – Womens 9
- Artis Price – Womens 10
- Chad Scott – Mens 3
- Don Aschenbrenner – Mens 4
- Ed Hickey – Mens 6
- Bill Mahan – Mens 7
- Jerry Heinrichs – Mens 8
- Jerry Hosner – Mens 9
- Harry Price – Mens 11
- Jay Leach – Masters Men
Additional Team GOODE highlights from the week included:
- Sweeping the top three spots in Open Womens as April Coble-Eller and Karen Truelove took second and third, respectively, behind national champion Regina Jaquess;
- Chad Scott winning his first national title (Mens 3) after finishing second in the division four times. Jed Blackburn (4th) and Darin Montgomery (5th) joined him on the podium;
- Bailey Austin finishing 2nd in her first year in Girls 3, joining her fellow GOODE skiers Eloise Whitlock (3rd) and Erika Lang (5th) on the podium. Ruth McCreary, also in her first year in Girls 3, took 7th;
- Just missing the podium sweep by one skier in Mens 4 as champion Don Aschenbrenner was joined by Todd Kuykendall (3rd), Joe McCreary (4th) and Tim Henderson (5th);
- In Mens 5 Steve Binkley taking 2nd, John Shealy 3rd and Ted McColley 4th;
- Dane Mechler and Wyatt Haines taking 2nd and 4th, respectively, in Boys 3 behind champion Daniel Di Pol;
- Lori Krueger finishing 2nd, Stephanie Stange 3rd and Brandy Nagle 4th in Womens 3;
- Samuel Jackson taking 2nd and Tyler Scott 3rd in Mens 1;
- Patricia Cordeiro finishing 2nd in Womens 4 behind champion Alison Poulsen;
- The Prices, Harry and Artis, each taking home gold medals in slalom to bring their combined career medal haul to 142;
- Todd Ristorcelli finishing one-half buoy behind Jay Leach to take 2nd in Masters Men.
Adding to Team GOODE’s historic week were excellent showings in the Nautique Big Dawg World Tour Finals and the Centurion/GOODE Dual Boats Slalom Swerve.
GOODE skiers made up 10 of the Big Dawg’s Sweet 16 field, six of the Elite 8, and the ENTIRE Final Four. Jeremy Newby-Ricci earned the win, edging fellow GOODE skier and defending champion Todd Ristorcelli. See the video below for more.
Don Aschenbrenner added to his Mens 4 national title by winning the Slalom Swami Challenge, defeating fellow GOODE skier Jed Blackburn in the final round.