GOODE continued its podium domination as skiers riding its skis won fourteen national titles – including eight of 12 Men’s slalom events – at the 70th GOODE Water Ski National Championships held last week at Okeeheelee Park in West Palm Beach, Fla.
Winning titles on GOODEs were:
- Bailey Austin, G2
- Kara MacIntyre, G3
- Kerri McClure, W1
- Mary Parcheta, W8
- Loretta Morris, W9
- Artis Price, W10
- Matt Richardson, M2
- Jay Leach, M3
- Michael Robinson, M4
- Ed Hickey, M5
- Jim Kinney, M7
- Jerry Hosner, M8
- Robert Morris, M9
- Todd Ristorcelli, MM
Other GOODE highlights from the week included:
- Todd Ristorcelli setting pending world 34 mph and MM national records with 5 buoys at 41-feet off (see article below);
- A 1-4 finish in Mens 5 (Ed Hickey, John Shealy, Ted McColley, and Lonnie Harris);
- Bailey Austin, Ruth McCreary and Kelley Breeden finishing first, second and fourth in Girls 2;
- Six combined medals for Harry and Artis Price;
- Nick Parsons and Makayla Haw each tying for first place and ultimately finishing second after runoffs in the Open divisions;
- Terry Winter finishing fifth in Open Men and Danyelle Bennett third in Open Women; and,
- Overall titles won by Danyelle Bennett (OW), Kerri McClure (W1), Marc Shaw (MM), Jerry Hosner (M8), Erika Lang (G3), Loretta Morris (W9), and Artis Price (W10).
Congratulations to all 2012 national champions.
For final results, click here.