The GOODE Utah State Championships, held last weekend at SunTen Lakes in Rush Valley, were a great success as it drew the biggest turnout in the tournament’s recent history.
Among the highlights of the event were:
- Bryce Tolman taking Mens 4 with the tournament’s top score of 4-1/2 buoys at 39-1/2 feet off;
- 71-year-old Stan Short rounding 1.5 buoys at 35-feet off to win Mens 8;
- Laurie Liddell winning Women’s 4 with 1.5 buoys at 32-feet off;
- Stacy Roberts claiming the title in Women’s 2 with a half buoy at 22-feet off;
- Scot Chipman running 3 buoys at 38-feet off to win a competitive Mens 3 division;
- Dave (4 buoys at 38-feet off) and Dawn Goode (2 buoys at 22-feet off) earning titles in Maters Mens and Womens 5; and,
- Each of the 46 competitors receiving a medal.
GOODE has been the title sponsor of the tournament since 2007.