From the Open ranks to the Under 13 divisions, GOODE skiers peppered the slalom and overall podiums throughout last week’s Pan American Championships, held in Boca Laguna Mexico.
The Championships featured nine teams from North, Central and South American competing in Open, Under 21, Under 17 and Under 13 divisions.
GOODE skiers taking home golds were Felipe Miranda (Open Men overall), Javier Julio (35+ Men slalom), Jeff Surdej (35+ Men overall), Lori Krueger (45+ Women slalom and overall) and Mark Stevens (45+ Mens slalom), while Regina Jaquess (Open Women slalom and overall), Jenna Morgan (Under 21 Women slalom and overall), Dorien Llewellyn (Open Men overall), and Kristy Kraus (35+ Women slalom) earned silver medals. Blaze Grubbs (Under 13 Boys slalom and overall), and Rodrigo Miranda (Open Men overall) earned bronzes. Surdej and Stevens also picked up a bronze medal in 35+ Men slalom and silver in 45+ Men overall, respectively.
Here’s how the team competitions ended up:
- Open – Gold: Canada; Silver: United States; Bronze: Chile
- Under 12 – Gold: United States; Silver: Colombia; Bronze: Chile
- Under 17 – Gold: Canada; Silver: Argentina; Bronze: United States
- Under 21 – Gold: United States; Silver: Canada; Bronze: Mexico
- 35+ – Gold: United States; Silver: Canada; Bronze: Mexico
- 45+ – Gold: United States; Silver: Canada; Bronze: Mexico
It’s difficult to track so many skiers over the course of six days of action, so if we failed to include you as a GOODE skier in the list above, or mistakenly did so, please accept our apologies and email us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.