Round 1 of the 2018 GOODE Bracket Challenge is complete and for the most part favorites advanced in orderly fashion. The only lower seed to advance over a higher seed was No. 12 Marc Shaw who topped Kyle Tate, who did not ski in a tournament in June.
See June’s full results below and the updated brackets here.
The second round sets up a number of intriguing match-ups, including:
- No. 1 seed Regina Jaquess vs. one of the hottest skiers in the world right now, Greg Sund. Regina is the Women’s slalom world record holder and three-time defending Women’s world slalom champion, while Greg is coming off a victory at the Big Dawg in Spain, two other Big Dawg top-four finishes and running 41 off twice in the same tournament in June.
- No. 3 Dave Miller vs. No. 6 Kevin Bishop. Dave is a perennial threat in any 34mph competition and advanced to the finals of the Bracket Challenge last year. Kevin put up a big score of 2 buoys at 41 off at last month’s Big Dawg in Cedar Ridge, which tied him with Dave and another skier for the highest score of the weekend.
Online Fan Contest
In the online fan contest, 17 of the 219 entrants perfectly picked the first round, while 69 only had one error on their ledger.
Of the 17 perfect brackets so far, Dave Miller is the favorite as picked in eight brackets, with Greg Badal (4), Regina (3), Kevin (1), and Chad (1) all receiving nods.
Round 1 – June 2018
1) Regina Jaques 2@41
16) Jeff Surdej 3@38
8) Greg Sund 1@43
9) Jay Leach 1@41
5) Kyle Tate No tournament in June
12) Marc Shaw 3.5@39
4) Chad Scott 2@41
13) Bruce Dodd 4.5@39
2) Greg Badal 2.5@41
15) Todd Kuykendall 2@41
7) Chet Raley 0.5@41
10) Ben Favret No tournament in June
6) Kevin Bishop 2@41
11) Tim Huston No tournament in June
3) Dave Miller 2.5@41
14) Jeff Milford No tournament in June